Monday, October 20, 2008

Our miracle...

Well, since I posted one of Tyler's birth pictures, I decided it's a must to dedicate a post to my sweet boy.

We were ecstatic when we found out I was pregnant. But, we really never saw the roller coaster coming. Tyler was born at 24 weeks 6 days. A full term pregnancy is 40 weeks. He weighed in at 1 pound, 9 ounces and was 12.25 inches long. When he was delivered, we had no idea what to expect. Well, we had seen pictures from the NICU staff of teeny tiny babies, had been given survivability odds and had heard the horror stories but we were not prepared for what came. He was SO tiny. He let out one little squeal before they whisked him to the NICU team. I barely got a glance at him. We spent the next 80 days at the NICU. It was torture and definitely one of those million dollar experiences that you wouldn't pay a penny for! Tyler came home 4 weeks before his due date and has been doing fabulous ever since. He continues to amaze us and the medical community with his great strides! We love you sweet boy!

3 comments:

The Workman Family said...

Kim,
This sounds really stupid but I didn't know until yesterday that you were having a baby in Nov. Congrats

Thomas Family said...

He is a little miracle. I think about you everyday wondering how you are, knowing what it feels like to wonder what is going to happen in the next five minutes. I talked to keri and she said that you are doing great. Hang in there.

Victoria said...

WoW!! I forget what the little guy had to go through. What a blessing!! Can't wait to meet the new little one!!