Sunday, December 21, 2008

Brooke is home!!!

It truly is the greatest thing ever to be home! We left Provo Friday just before noon and didn't have to deal with any storms, which was wonderful! We are loving being home. Tyler tore through the house like a mad man going from room to room just making sure everything is still here! :) It was pretty funny.

I knew we were gonna be in for it when Brooke was in my belly and about 1o:30-11pm every night she would get very active. Yup, we were right - she's a night owl and we are now zombies. But - it is the greatest blessing that she is here, healthy, and went home with us. I am in 7th heaven. I am doing good. Slowly recovering from my c-section. I like to think I can do more than I should - then I really hurt and regret thinking I need to be busy. Ryan is loving home life too. He has been playing in the snow with Tyler and doing lots of "boy stuff". He's been great keeping Tyler happy and away from climbing on me!

Tyler is so happy and he really loves his baby sister. It seems he has really grown up this last week or so. He doesn't seem like my baby anymore. :( He is being such a big boy which makes me a little sad. He was thrilled when he saw how much snow we had at our house and he really had been missing our Christmas decor - especially the tree. He is so excited about Christmas and sings "Santa Claus is coming to town" on a regular basis! He is so much fun.




6 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Kim! She is sooooo gorgeous! congratulations! I am really glad that you are all home and doing great! I'm sorry that we didnt make it over to the hospital to see you. I hope that we will be able to meet Brooke very soon. Love you!

Tulsi said...

Congratulations!!!! Steve (Esplin) came home and told me it was a boy. I told him I thought I remembered you saying it was a girl at 4 states so had him check again. He was wrong! She looks so teeny in the carseat.

Cole and Kimala said...

What a beautiful girl! We are so happy she is here and full term!! What a blessing these little ones are. Hope you take the healing process slow and are not pushing it too much. It is hard not to get going like you are used too. But, enjoy it while it lasts, right!! Can't wait to see her!

Kimala Douglas

The Brugger Bunch said...

Oh my heavens what a PERFECT little lady! She looks so much like Tyler! Congratulations my friend, I am so happy that you are both healthy and happy! Do you even know what to do with such a "big" baby! LOL!!!! I am so happy that you are home safe and sound and that all is well! We sure miss you and love you!

Grammie Star Wars said...

Dear Kimberli and family,
Congratulations with Brooke she is well worth the wait! She is beautiful!!!
Merry Christmas to you all and enjoy the wonderful beginnings together.
Love,
Auntie Susan and California Fam

Victoria said...

Oh my heck, she is so cute!!! How sweet that Tyler is feeling like a "Big" boy. Can't wait to see her!